Introduction

Welcome to TristateNeons.org, tell us a little about yourself and your Neon.
mtownneon
Local Neon Owner

Introduction

Post by mtownneon »

Hi.

Just found this site through Neons.org.

I have a '96 SOHC Coupe that I've begun to autocross in STS. Long time Mopar guy and long time Neon owner.

I'm located just east of Indy.
1996 Neon SOHC Coupe
#19 STS Indy region SCCA
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

welcome to tha clan of TRISTATE lol
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Welcome! There are a few Neon people up in Indy like Midnight_Rider and some others that i haven't heard from in over a year now.

Welcome to the site though!
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Diablo0 wrote:There are a few Neon people up in Indy like Midnight_Rider and some others that i haven't heard from in over a year now.

Welcome to the site though!
Midnight_Rider? Who's he? :lol:
Welcome +1 and post up some pics!
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Re: Introduction

Post by Skill »

mtownneon wrote:Hi.

Just found this site through Neons.org.

I have a '96 SOHC Coupe that I've begun to autocross in STS. Long time Mopar guy and long time Neon owner.

I'm located just east of Indy.
ur about an hour and a half from me (south)
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
Moparules1
Local Neon Owner

Post by Moparules1 »

Welcome. How are you at autoX? I suck at it.. :lol:
Rice is nice, but "WHERES THE BEEF"
SRT MAMA
Local Neon Owner

Post by SRT MAMA »

Welcome!
05 red SRT-4- Mopar Stage 1, Forge WGA(pushing 20psi), JMB Ultimate Intake with drycell battery, MPx 3" Catless Exhaust, and Prothane Race MM Inserts.

05 white SRT-4- Totaled on 4-7-06, t-boned by some dumb ass in springboro.

~Heather~
mtownneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by mtownneon »

Welcome. How are you at autoX? I suck at it..

So far, so good. I didn't worry any about where I was finishing, I just worked on the basics like getting around the course without missing any gates or murdering cones. I was placed in STS with an essentially stock Coupe so I was going to be killed anyway. In the end, my average lap was only 2.5 sec. off of the winning average and only clipped 2 cones in three events so that wasn't bad at all I thought. On the other hand, I did have a bunch of DNF's for missing parts of the course, so my course walks have to be more productive, and I have to work on my memory skills, i'm getting old! :oops:
1996 Neon SOHC Coupe
#19 STS Indy region SCCA
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Yeah I'm pretty bad at it too. lol I haven't hit any cones yet, but I've certainly missed some sections of courses. Oh yeah, and I have never placed above last in my class lol

I do plan on running a few events this year for the hell of it.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Welcome to TRSN! :D
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

I've never done autocross but it looks interesting. I can say that I didn't hit any cones at the SRT Track Experience last October but don't know if that means anything. :lol:
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
mtownneon
Local Neon Owner

Post by mtownneon »

I've done a lot of different types of racing, most short track and bracket racing over the years and I have to say that Autocrossing is by far the most fun I've had to date.

Midnight, being here in Indy, the SCCA chapter is is real healthy and there's plenty of opportunity to autocross. The schedule is eight events strong this year, with the majority of events either at the 16th Street Speedway or at the Mt Comfort airport. Indy region is also holding one at Grissom in Puru and one at Lawfayette Square Mall later in the year. In addition, the CSCC (Columbus Sports Car Council) holds autocrosses once a month behind Arvin Meritor.

Indy region has a good Rookie of the Year program starting this year that works with a new "expert" class that has the "experts" assisting the rookies get good at the game.

Vinny, a few times this year may all that is available in the Cincy region this year. I hear they lost the Sharonville Ford plant location after a couple of incidents there. At the test and tune a few weeks ago, a driver lost control of their ZO6 'Vette and launched it over the berm almost landing out on Sharon Rd!
1996 Neon SOHC Coupe
#19 STS Indy region SCCA
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

mtownneon wrote:Midnight, being here in Indy, the SCCA chapter is is real healthy and there's plenty of opportunity to autocross. The schedule is eight events strong this year, with the majority of events either at the 16th Street Speedway or at the Mt Comfort airport. Indy region is also holding one at Grissom in Puru and one at Lawfayette Square Mall later in the year. In addition, the CSCC (Columbus Sports Car Council) holds autocrosses once a month behind Arvin Meritor.

Indy region has a good Rookie of the Year program starting this year that works with a new "expert" class that has the "experts" assisting the rookies get good at the game.
Yeah, I'm a member of Indy Region but haven't been able to do anything since I work so much. I got my membership through the SRT Track Experience.
"Gramps"