It's begun.........

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

It's begun.........

Post by KB9QDI »

New Mopar in the family comming to a track near you 8)
Picked her up today. 92 Laser AWD Turbo

http://home.fuse.net/kb9qdi/laser.htm

Will be Wegman built shooting for mid to low 11's using a 20g and a liquid to air intercooler set up.

More Pic's: http://www.cardomain.com/id/kb9qdi

OLD: 04 SXT Sold
NEW: 06 TJ X
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

Nice, the Lasers are usually underappreciated and overshadowed by the Talon and Eclipse. I'm glad to see one will be fairly local and haulin ass!
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

Nice! I always wanted a Plymouth badged DSM.

You can even run brackets at the Mopar Nats in it!
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

Vinny wrote:Nice! I always wanted a Plymouth badged DSM.

Scotts still around? Why you going to him? You ever see the video of his FW going through the hood? Around Cinci im Mr. DSM... 8)
90 TSi AWD, Pewter Mist Metallic, picked up 4-20-98
Too many mods to list, but its fast. **FOR SALE**

05 SXT 5spd, Black/Charcoal, picked up 12-30-04.
^^^^^^
Traded for 04 Jeep Liberty Jan. 26th, 2007.
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

05 SXT 5spd wrote:

Scotts still around? Why you going to him? You ever see the video of his FW going through the hood? Around Cinci im Mr. DSM... 8)

Yes, Scot is still arround. He's a very good friend of mine and we talk daily. As for the video......I was there and shot one of about 3 video's floating arround along with tons of pictures I took of the car afterwards. Why the Scot bashing? If your putting down any serious numbers/power in a DSM you've broke in the past AND WILL CONTINUE TOO! DSM=MONEY PIT

Mr. DSM.......lol......Never heard of ya?

Scot
Local Neon Owner

Post by Scot »

The car will run in the 11's without a problem, wait don't the majority of the DSMs I do run in the 11's. :)
Anyway, like Joe said, the car will come to some Mopar events this season to play. Hopefully everyone enjoys.
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

KB9QDI wrote:
05 SXT 5spd wrote:

Yes, Scot is still arround. He's a very good friend of mine and we talk daily. As for the video......I was there and shot one of about 3 video's floating arround along with tons of pictures I took of the car afterwards. Why the Scot bashing? If your putting down any serious numbers/power in a DSM you've broke in the past AND WILL CONTINUE TOO! DSM=MONEY PIT

Mr. DSM.......lol......Never heard of ya?
Actually it was Mr. Pop-ups, Im not bashing him, but the local guys never really liked him for whatever reason. Something about being too good for us? I dont remember, but 'i heard' from the local chatter a lot of his stuff blew up yada yada. You know how it goes, personally i dont know the guy. I do have references though lol. Good luck though!

DSM= a sickness you never lose, been 3 years since i wrenched on mine and i STILL remember most tq specs and what bolt goes where by looking at it. ::sigh::...

^^^^^^
Scot
Local Neon Owner

Post by Scot »

My car blew a flywheel and a few engines on the way, everyone knows that. As for anyone ELSES car being a misfortune due to me is all wrong. I don't know who "MR popups" is but maybe a real name would help. I for one have never done anything to or with anyone in Kentucky due to the old days of Cinci DSM not liking me for coming out of no where with a car that became the fastest around. I never got along with them because they were "clicky". I have never had the "to good for anyone attitude", but whatever people say is what they will say. I was always willing to help people at the track and on the side. But like mentioned above, people will say what they want.
What reference do you have anyway? :)
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

Scot wrote:My car blew a flywheel and a few engines on the way, everyone knows that. As for anyone ELSES car being a misfortune due to me is all wrong. I don't know who "MR popups" is but maybe a real name would help. I for one have never done anything to or with anyone in Kentucky due to the old days of Cinci DSM not liking me for coming out of no where with a car that became the fastest around. I never got along with them because they were "clicky". I have never had the "to good for anyone attitude", but whatever people say is what they will say. I was always willing to help people at the track and on the side. But like mentioned above, people will say what they want.
What reference do you have anyway? :)
Yea i agree in the clique'y' part, seems when i joined that if you didnt have a 16G you werent happening. Took a while to prove myself there too. Never did really get along with Dallace Marable.

I used to do a lot of port work and ECU cap replacement, locally and nationally, was all over the Talon Digest as Mr. Pop-ups after MarioPK went 92-94 and stopped using it. After i got done porting the stock stuff most people picked up .2-.4 and 3-4 mph. I took over for TRE when he didnt want to do it anymore, then i hurt my back and was unable to deliver parts on time so i quit it all together. Ive done a few exhausts for local guys too. The only remaining one around that i know of (and you might know) is Khahn Vu who bought Adrian Melillo's Banana Boat when he went BMW.

I never met you, and dont have anything against you, just going on hearsay like a lot of people, sorry.

:wav:

^^^^^^
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Re: It's begun.........

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

KB9QDI wrote:New Mopar in the family comming to a track near you 8)
Picked her up today. 92 Laser AWD Turbo

http://home.fuse.net/kb9qdi/laser.htm

Will be Wegman built shooting for mid to low 11's using a 20g and a liquid to air intercooler set up.
Oh yea, got plans on the exhaust part of the build up yet? I got the hookup on pricing, and since i do all the labor..... how does a mandrel bent 3" SS sound?

Seriously, id love to help with the project!

^^^^^^
KB9QDI
Local Neon Owner

Post by KB9QDI »

Exhaust will angle from the turbo out the drivers side fender area. No exhaust piping really at all. Car will be drag only and very loud I mite add :lol:

05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

KB9QDI wrote:Exhaust will angle from the turbo out the drivers side fender area. No exhaust piping really at all. Car will be drag only and very loud I mite add :lol:
Well if ya need anything at all.....

^^^^^^
Scot
Local Neon Owner

Post by Scot »

Yea i agree in the clique'y' part, seems when i joined that if you didnt have a 16G you werent happening. Took a while to prove myself there too. Never did really get along with Dallace Marable.
The only remaining one around that i know of (and you might know) is Khahn Vu who bought Adrian Melillo's Banana Boat when he went BMW.
[/quote]

I met Dallace at the first import day at Edgewater and he was a cock to me, I had a 1990 300ZX N/A that Stillen biult and ran mid13's. I asked Dallace about his "DSM" and he was shitty so after I lost to him I walked over and looked the car over. The next day my car went up for sale and I bought a 1991 AWD Talon and had Buschurs do a 20G, VPC,550s,full 3 inch, and other things to the car. Driving the car down the track brought in some12.3's all the time, so one time I blast the car down the track on race gas and it went 11.8s. Dallace tried to talk to me before and after this and was all "buddy buddy" to me and I just told him how he had acted to me at import day and I really wanted no part of his club. The only people from there who I got along with and still talk to are Jay White and Adam Schluturer.
05 SXT 5spd
Local Neon Owner

Post by 05 SXT 5spd »

Scot wrote:Yea i agree in the clique'y' part, seems when i joined that if you didnt have a 16G you werent happening. Took a while to prove myself there too. Never did really get along with Dallace Marable.
The only remaining one around that i know of (and you might know) is Khahn Vu who bought Adrian Melillo's Banana Boat when he went BMW.
I met Dallace at the first import day at Edgewater and he was a cock to me, I had a 1990 300ZX N/A that Stillen biult and ran mid13's. I asked Dallace about his "DSM" and he was shitty so after I lost to him I walked over and looked the car over. The next day my car went up for sale and I bought a 1991 AWD Talon and had Buschurs do a 20G, VPC,550s,full 3 inch, and other things to the car. Driving the car down the track brought in some12.3's all the time, so one time I blast the car down the track on race gas and it went 11.8s. Dallace tried to talk to me before and after this and was all "buddy buddy" to me and I just told him how he had acted to me at import day and I really wanted no part of his club. The only people from there who I got along with and still talk to are Jay White and Adam Schluturer.[/quote]

Yea Jay is a totaly nice guy, however he has a tendency to blast you one minute in public, then come to you privately and ask for your help. I got some rims off of Adam as partial payment for a 3" SS exhaust.

Dallace defended me ONCE (rest of the time he was an ass cause i couldnt afford to 'buy', stuff so i made it), that was when i was running stock mostly (14b, TP, MBC, hacked MAF/K&N, RX7 FP), ran 13.505@100.803. Either way you figure it out speed or et, the calcs all say 282hp to the wheels. He said, "now thats driving your ET".

^^^^^^
Scot
Local Neon Owner

Post by Scot »

Jay has his own thing now called jayracing.com.
Joe (kb9qdi) got into a big arguement once with Dallace and the rest of the "clique" because they said that one of them had the fastest DSM in the tri-state area with a 11.98. Joe spoke up and said "what about Scots Wegmans car?", the response was, "hes not a club member so he doesn't count". Funny though I was in the tri-state. This was years ago and the last time I saw Dallace or Adrian.
I remember hearing about you doing port work, always heard good things about it.