scariest car moments

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
noxneon
Local Neon Owner

scariest car moments

Post by noxneon »

whats the scariest thing that ever happened to you while you were in your car, (neon or otherwise) this was mine,
Image anybody else got any pics of "scariest car moments caught on tape" har har, but no really, anybody??
"Pure adrenaline attached to a license plate. Isn't it time to experience one yourself." Dan Garney
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

^^^^ damn that sucks! Did it smash out your windshield or mess up the roof any?

My scariest moments behind the wheel generally have not resulted in any damage.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
lil red one
Local Neon Owner

Post by lil red one »

(A.THIS WAS LONG BEFORE THE WIFE AND KIDS.B.DONT EVER ATTEMPT ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER PLEASE!!!!!!)
Me and a buddy who had a souped up cav were "top speed racing"across I-275 form colerain over to I-71(pure stupidity,I know) at 2am on a saturday night. It had sprinkeled a little that day but the road was mostly dry and we were "showing off" to some girls we had in our cars.We were blasting by just about everything, me bumping of my gov at 118 or some thing and him staying right up there with me .Swapping lanes trying to get in front of each other than slamming on our brakes once we got in front to mess with each other and Im talking foot to the floor with the e-brake pulled,tires smoking dead stops in the middle of the interstate.!It was wierd we kept seeing cops but they were all going the other way or already had someone pulled over.
So we get onto I-71 going south continuing our stupidity and start to get over to merge onto ronald regan.He had just managed to get me and I was working my way back around him at about 75 or 80mph just as we started up the merge from 71south to west ronald regan( which I had blasted up plenty of times all tires squeeling at over 90mph).Everything was fine as I rounded the turn all tires squeeling as usual(understeering)when I noticed the little patch of water just at the end of the turn.As I hit it my rear end instantly snapped around and I started spinning right tward the cement divider.So I pulled the e-brake which helped pull the rear end in line and put it in 2nd and dropped the clutch trying to get the front tires to bite and pull me out of the impending doom approaching at about 50mph by this time.
I managed at the last second to pull it out just as my drivers side rear bumper cover kissed the divider just hard enough to scratch the paint but that was it.AS I looked behind me to check on my buddy I saw him hit the water than slide head on (no spinning for him) righ into the divider.I Honestly thought he was dead.When he hit the whole front end just crumpled like an accordian all the way up to the firewall.The hood both fenders and all the metal foreward of the winshield was compressed from like 3ft down to like 6inches....needless to say that was probly the scarriest moment i ever experienced in my neon.
I got real lucky and decided that was the end of my street racing,just a scratch on the bumper.Then a couple weeks later I was backing out of my driveway and out of nowhere appeared a geo metro and i backed right into it causing this...http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight= So now its a project car. :cry: