My Custom Eyelids

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
03sxt
Local Neon Owner

My Custom Eyelids

Post by 03sxt »

Last week, I designed and cut out my custom vinyl eyelids. I went to a vinyl shop and picked up a couple feet of some matte black vinyl and took about 2 hours to make stencils, cut them out, and put 'em on. I originally just wanted to save some money by making them on my own and I decided to throw in a twist and make some custom ones that nobody else has. So, here are some pictures, let me know what you guys think.

AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I really like the shape of them and everything, but they really clash with the car since they're matte black, they almost look a little cheap honestly. Maybe you could get a can of touch-up paint from your dealer in a spray can and mask off the light and body and paint them? I'd say if you painted them off the car the paint would just crack and whatnot when applied to the lights. :?

About 3 years ago, when I still had stock lights on my car, I put some vinyl eyelids on mine, but I just got some bright red scrap vinyl for free from a local sign shop and it matched my Flame Red perfectly, you'd have to really look to find vinyl to match Blaze Red.
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.