Rally Neon 1.2 I have returned

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
Midnight_Rider
Local Neon Owner

Post by Midnight_Rider »

Last three links didn't work when I tried them. Front page pic is great- really get the feel of pushing the car through the course. Looks like fun!
"Gramps"
"(It was a) little souped-up race car. These Dodge SRT Neons are turbo-charged... It's too much power, not enough car... " Florida Highway Patrol Trooper Jason Brooks
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

thats awesome!
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

props man that looks fun and it's sweet to see a neon out there.
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
quickcoupe
Local Neon Owner

Post by quickcoupe »

Skill wrote:props man that looks fun and it's sweet to see a neon out there.
x2!!! 8)
ALWAYS PARTING OUT 1ST GENS ~ LOTS OF PARTS FOR SALE, JUST ASK!
Red 96 MTX coupe ~ many extras ~ currently undergoing full SRT swap :D
White 98 R/T coupe - new daily driver!
Forest Green 98 Plymouth ATX Style sedan - SOLD
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

freightdog wrote:thanx for the props, skill. BTW I was admiring your white 2 dr. I have a white 4dr that I have as a street car, and I was thinking about some wheels on it, but I didn't know if black would look right. Now that I see yours, I think it works rather nicely. Now if I would just leave enough dinero after racing to buy other stuff, I might be able to do it.

i have a set of silver 14s, alloy, that I bought off ebay on it now. They're nice, but they're just ok

Hey, If you ever bump into "Ilikeitsideways" from over at dirtyimpreza.com, say hi. He lives over in W Lafayette IN and he was part of my service crew for LSPR. He did a damn good job, too.
Thanks, white on black or vise versa is a good way to create contrast on a white or black car.
Just be sure that you don't start putting chrome accents with the black wheels because they just won't flow right.
Should be consistent all the way around.
I was actually not really set on the black/white deal when i first got the rotas and thought about getting rid of them(i had to sel my clear corners and clear turn signals becasue the black rims made it all look weird), but they grew on me and when i got the tint it helped it out even more.

Does your buddy go to purdue by any means?
Is he possibly apart of PAPA club (purdue automotive performance association)?
Actually nevermind i just answered my own question i checked out our members list and "ilikeitsideways" is apart of the list so i'm going to assume that is him.
I knew the username sounded familar.
I might of met him and didn't even know it. ;) small world this is.
RYAN HICKS
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

freightdog wrote:actually ilikeitsideways does goto purdue. he just rebuilt his 2.5RS sube and he's going to the RallyX in OH near columbus this weekend. He'll probably win the overall, he's that fast. I have no chance against him.

If you don't mind getting dirty c'mon out,

http://trackaddicts.net/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=3519

or if you want to stay clean, it looks like Orion F. has set up a 96 Neon for a rental car for an addtl fee. I just dont like that 3 spd ATX. I will say from experience that 3spd ATX's launch nicely if the conditions are slick, instead of just sitting there spinning your wheels losing time like us 5 spd guys.
Well i do mind getting dirty :lol: so i wouldn't be racing, but i would love to watch that's for sure!
I just work every weekend and getting time away is hard :(

I remember the day he got that engine running in the subi; he posted it up on the papa forums the night he started it up.
If i'm not mistaken some of the papa members helped him out too.

Although 5spd is harder to launch at times, it's a hell of a lot more fun to drive ;)
RYAN HICKS