0-100 run

Post pics or video of Neons or other cool automotive-related stuff here.
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

71Roadrunner wrote:A stock 1st gen. R/T runs the 1/4 in 15.9 seconds.

I'm guessing your run was hindered by the camera since the 10-100mph run was 15 seconds long and the first 10mph's couldn't last but maybe a half second to a second.
first my r/t isn't stock so ur implying what?

2nd 10MPh for half a second .. na i'm pretty sure i can run through 10MPH in less than that maybe .3 seconds if i have traction that is ;)
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

Skill wrote: first my r/t isn't stock so ur implying what?

2nd 10MPh for half a second .. na i'm pretty sure i can run through 10MPH in less than that maybe .3 seconds if i have traction that is ;)
Touchy aren't we. [-X I wasn't implying anything, I was simply mentioning that I figured having to deal with a video camera while doing that hinders ones ability to drive and since the video lasts 15 seconds it would seem to be the case.

If you paid any attention to the posts above you would know that someone inquired as to what a stock R/T runs and that part of my reply was to answer that question. Did I say anything what so ever about your R/T being stock? NO Please read what is actually written and not what you think is written before replying.

To 10mph in .3 seconds? Think about 0-60mph times. Now think about your .3 seconds. Most cars will be about the same time in every 10mph segment up to around 60mph, give or take a couple tenths. This would make your claim from 0-60mph around 1.8-3 seconds flat. #-o That's not only a big leap for a modded R/T, but a big leap for even a heavily modded Viper.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Skill
Local Neon Owner

Post by Skill »

71Roadrunner wrote:
Skill wrote: first my r/t isn't stock so ur implying what?

Touchy aren't we. [-X I wasn't implying anything, I was simply mentioning that I figured having to deal with a video camera while doing that hinders ones ability to drive and since the video lasts 15 seconds it would seem to be the case.

If you paid any attention to the posts above you would know that someone inquired as to what a stock R/T runs and that part of my reply was to answer that question. Did I say anything what so ever about your R/T being stock? NO Please read what is actually written and not what you think is written before replying.

To 10mph in .3 seconds? Think about 0-60mph times. Now think about your .3 seconds. Most cars will be about the same time in every 10mph segment up to around 60mph, give or take a couple tenths. This would make your claim from 0-60mph around 1.8-3 seconds flat. #-o That's not only a big leap for a modded R/T, but a big leap for even a heavily modded Viper.
no not touchy it's the way your taking it.

Yes it's hard shifting while holding the camera specially when trying to make some speed. My hand on the camera was also on the wheel while my other was shifting, which is why i didn't take it much past 100 i think it was like 105 when it actually ended maybe?

Most 0-60 times in cars are 5-7 seconds .. and your telling me that it takes me 10 MPH roughly per second, so theoretically at 100MPH i would have a had 10 second car going to 100? There is to many factors that could hinder anyone's time and for me it's wheel hop; for other people it could be driving in general, road conditions, ect ect so i don't think you can put a specific time on your first 10MPH anyways.
RYAN HICKS
She's fast, low, sexy, and clean ... something every car envies.
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

I take things as they are written/said, your making assumptions and reading things that aren't there.

Look at my first post in this thread, I seperated the stock R/T time from the comment directed to you, this was to seperate the fact that the first part was not directed at you. Regardless you came off very defensive blowing everything out of proportion, AKA: making assumptions and reading things that aren't there.
Most 0-60 times in cars are 5-7 seconds .. and your telling me that it takes me 10 MPH roughly per second, so theoretically at 100MPH i would have a had 10 second car going to 100? There is to many factors that could hinder anyone's time and for me it's wheel hop; for other people it could be driving in general, road conditions, ect ect so i don't think you can put a specific time on your first 10MPH anyways.
Again here your not reading what is written. Here again is what I said,"Most cars will be about the same time in every 10mph segment up to around 60mph, give or take a couple tenths." Up to around 60mph, I said NOTHING about 100mph or anything above 60mph and I DID state that each 10mph segment will vary slightly, "give or take a couple tenths." You again continue to make assumptions. Even with slicks you couldn't get from a dead stop to 10mph in .3 seconds, try timing it sometime and you'll see.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold